⅓ cup (1.75oz/50g) cashew Cashews
1 ½ tbsp (21ml) Coconut Cream
½ tsp sugar-free vanilla extract (Optional)
3 tbsp (45g) all-natural peanut butter(NO sugar added)
2 tsp (10ml) sticky sweetener (like this sugar-free maple syrup)
1 tbsp (15g) granulated erythritol
2 tbsp (30ml) melted the butter a handful of whole peanuts
1.75 oz (50g) sugar-free chocolate or chocolate with at least 85% cacoa content
approx. (2.6 oz/75g) additional chocolate for top coat (optional)
This Healthy No Bake Keto Snickers Bars needed a lot of brain power to create this recipe. After long struggle, I became successful to make them with perfect taste! They taste just like normal snickers bars, but without the guilt!
Only healthy ingredients were added and even though cashews are a bit higher in carbs than other nuts one bar only adds 5.5g net carbs to your carb count which is pretty average for a sweet keto snack.
If you want to go big on chocolate and add a top coat as well you will end up with about 6.5g net carbs (depending on what chocolate you use).
Ingredients for the Cream layer:
- Cashews: Unsalted & soaked.Cover the cashews with lukewarm water for at least 4 hours. I let mine sit overnight. After the cashews are soaked, rinse and clean with clear water. Measure before your cashews are soaked
- Coconut Cream: Coconut cream is not the same thing as coconut milk – the cream has more fat and a thicker consistency. You could try using the thick part of coconut milk when you can’t find coconut cream
- Sugar-free vanilla extract
Ingredients for the “Caramel” layer:
- Smooth sugar-free peanut butter: The only ingredients added should be peanuts, water and/ or salt. If there’s anything else, it could be sugar and we don’t want that! You will find a bit of sugar on the nutrition label even on peanut butter with no sugar added – but that’s the natural sugar from the peanuts.
- Liquid syrup sweetener: Lakanto Maple Syrup
- Butter: melted
- Granulated erythritol
- A handful of whole peanuts
- Chocolate coat: Sugar-free chocolate or chocolate with at least 85% cacoa content: Keep in mind that the net carb count will change if you use chocolate with lower cacao content.
Mix the ingredients for the “creme” layer:
1. Add your soaked cashews, brown erythritol, coconut cream & vanilla extract into a food processor and blend until you get a smooth and chunk-free mass.
2. It takes a while until the cashews take on a true “creamy” consistency – you should blend for at least 1-2 minutes for the desired consistency. It’s better to blend a bit longer than to blend not long enough.
3. Chill in fridge while you prepare the chocolate.
Prepare the chocolate:
1 .Melt the sugar-free chocolate using a double boiler.
2. Pour a thin layer of the chocolate into a rectangularly shaped silicone mold. Make sure the bottom is covered but not too thickly.
3. Place the silicone mold into your freezer for approx. 10 min until the chocolate has hardened.
4. Get the mold out of the freezer and add the creme layer on top of the chocolate. Press the cashew creme into place with your fingers.
5. Add into your freezer for approx. 15 minutes.
15 To 30 Min
Prepare “Caramel” layer:
1. Mix all the ingredients for the caramel layer except for the whole peanuts.
2. Get the mold out of the freezer and pour the caramel layer on top of the creme layer. Place the whole peanuts on top of the liquid caramel layer.
3.Place back into the freezer for 15 minutes or in the fridge for 30 minutes before popping the finished keto bars out of the silicone mold.
Total Time 2 Hours
Now steps for making the keto snickers bars
1. Add the ingredients for the “creme” layer (soaked cashews, coconut cream, brown erythritol & vanilla extract) into a food processor and blend for at least 1-2 minutes until you get a smooth and chunk-free, creme-like mass.
2. Chill in the fridge while you continue to the next step.
3. Melt the sugar-free chocolate using a double boiler. Pour the chocolate into rectangularly shaped silicone molds. The bottom should be fully covered but don’t add too much chocolate (about 5mm/0.2″ is more than enough).
4. Place the mold with the chocolate in your freezer for approx. 10 minutes until the chocolate has hardened.
5. Add the cashew creme into the silicone mold as well. Press the creme into shape using your fingers.
5. Place back in your freezer for approx. 15 minutes while you prepare the “caramel” layer.
6. Mix all of the ingredients for the caramel layer except for the whole peanuts. Pour the caramel layer on top of the creme layer into the silicone mold. Place the whole peanuts on top of the caramel layer and chill again for 15 minutes in your freezer or 30 minutes in your fridge before popping the bars out of the silicone mold.
Optional: Melt additional chocolate and pour it over the finished “naked” bars.