We have made keto chocolate bread using flaxseed powder today. Have been craving soft and chocolatey bread to go with some salted butter. Yummy!!! This recipe yields a medium size bread. The amount of flaxseed powder used is really not too much and is only 5g of flaxseed powder used per piece with just 2.9g net carbs in a slice. You can lightly toast it up and spread some butter on it and go with a cup of hot cream latte. Great way to start a Saturday:) Happy baking and let us know your comments. Cheers!
Total slices: 14
MACRO PER SLICE
- 64 kcal
- Net carbs: 2.9g
- Protein: 3.7g
- Fat: 4.2g
Tool: 6” cake tin
- 70g flaxseed powder (ground finely)
- 20g cocoa powder
- 9g psyllium husk
- 20g allulose
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 large eggs
- 2 large egg whites (~73g)
- 1g liquid stevia extract (~50drops)
- 100g Greek yogurt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 20ml hot water
- 40g sugar-free chocolate chips
Preheat oven to 180°C.
- In a large mixing bowl, add all dry ingredients.
- With a spatula, mix everything together and break any large pieces into fine powder form.
- Add in wet ingredients except for the hot water in the last step. Mix the batter until you see a sticky dough has started to form.
- Pour in hot water and mix.
- Fold in chocolate chips.
- Put the dough into a 6″ cake tin.
- Bake for 50 mins.
- Eggs and egg whites must be at room temperature.
- The water must be boiling.
- The key to success here is to carefully control the water. Do not add excessive water.
- Weight everything using a weighing device. I use a scale with an accuracy of up to 0.01g.
- Flaxseed powder must be ground to fine powder form so that it can absorb water efficiently.
- Psyllium husk MUST NOT be too fine as it will reduce its ability to absorb water.
- Cool down completely before cutting.
- Cover the bread with aluminum foil to avoid over-browning. For this bread, we cover the bread when it has risen solid and tall at around 18mins mark.
To keep getting the latest Keto-Low Carb Recipes, Meal Plans, and Keto Guide for Beginners, please Click here to join our WhatsApp Group KETO FAMILY – DIET PLUS 4 where you will keep getting the new/latest information (Notifications) about various Keto-Low Carb Diet. Stay Tuned!!!