Do you know that saying “easy as pie”? Well, I never found that to be the case. But I wanted a low carb keto lemon curd pie that was not only delicious but truly easy to make. I’m happy to share with you that this easy recipe for keto lemon curd pie may just make that classic saying finally a reality. Because it’s not only a tasty treat, it’s also super easy to create. If you’ve never had keto lemon curd you really need to try this recipe. This pie is bursting with flavor and the best part is that it’s low in carbs and keto-friendly.
Lemon curd is a delicious mix of lemon juice, egg yolks and some natural sweetener to balance out the acidity. This lemon curd pie is the best combination of my lemon curd, comfortably housed in my flaky keto pie crust. Its quite honestly the best pie I’ve made to date, only because I mastered the pie crust and nailed the lemon curd. I’ve paired a tangy lemon curd with real whipped cream and a sweet hazelnut pie crust to create the perfect Keto Holiday Dessert.
Keto lemon curd pie probably isn’t something you’d want to eat for dinner, but its certainly a tasty treat that combines the high-fat aspect that lemon curd with plenty of highly nutritious butter brings, but also the benefits of mental stability when eating a high-fat diet, and consuming plenty of healthy antioxidants, free radical fighting nutrients that lemon juice brings to the equation.
- Course: Dessert, Holiday
- Cuisine: Keto
- Prep Time: 30 mins | Cook Time: 30 mins | Cooking Time: 1 hour | Total Time: 1 hour
- Servings: 10
- 1 Cup Hazelnut Flour 112 g
- ¼ Cup Coconut Flour 1 oz
- ½ Cup Tiger Nut Flour 1 oz
- 3 Tbsp Bocha Sweet or another sugar substitute
- ½ Cup Butter cold, sliced
- 1 Egg
- 6 Eggs
- 2/3 Cup Bocha Sweet or another sugar substitute
- Lemon Zest grated
- 1 Cup Lemon Juice (3-4 lemons)
- 12 Tbsp Unsalted Butter cut in pieces
- 1 Tsp Pure Vanilla Extract
- 5-8 drops Young Living Vitality Lemon Essential Oil(optional)
- 1 Cup Heavy Whipping Cream
- ½ Cup Bocha Sweet or another sugar substitute
- 1 Tsp Pure Vanilla Extract
Keto Hazelnut Pie Crust Instructions
- Combine hazelnut flour, coconut flour, tiger nut flour, bocha sweet and sliced cold butter in the food processor.
- Use pulse to process until the mixture resembles wet sand.
- Add egg and pulse together until combined.
- Place in parchment paper (or plastic wrap) shaped into a circular round.
- Refrigerate for 30 minutes to one hour.
- Remove from fridge and roll crust out between two sheets of parchment paper
- Bake at 350 degrees for 10 minutes
- For a fully baked pie crust, bake at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes. I recommend using a crust shield to make sure the edges don’t over bake.
Keto Lemon Curd Instructions
- Prepare your tools so that you can work quickly. You will need a mesh colander like the one pictured in the video to strain the lemon curd. You will also need a bowl you that the mesh colander will fit in so that you can pour the lemon curd into the colander with ease. Has this set up beside your cooking area?
- In a medium saucepan, mix the eggs, Bocha Sweet and lemon zest together until thoroughly combined.
- Add lemon juice and butter and turn heat to medium.
- Whisk constantly over medium heat until the mixture is thickened and come to a gentle simmer. Allow the mixture to simmer for about 20 seconds. Remove from heat.
- Pour lemon curd through the mesh colander that you have set up with a bowl underneath. Using a wooden spoon or spatula, work the lemon curd through the colander. Set the colander aside.
- Add 1 tsp pure vanilla extract and 5 drops Young Living Vitality Lemon Essential Oil (optional). Taste the lemon curd and add additional drops of oil until you’re pleased with the tartness.
- Allow the lemon curd to cool for about 30 minutes before pouring it on top of your cheesecake.(Cheesecake should still have the springform pan on it.
- Pour the lemon curd onto your finished cheesecake and spread until even. Cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hours prior to serving.
Real Whipped Cream Topping
- Once lemon curd is cooled, pour into the pie shell.To top, whip together 1 cup heavy whipping cream, ½ cup bocha sweet and 1 tsp vanilla until light and fluffy.
- Refrigerate and enjoy as a special treat.
Nutrition facts are for 1/10th of a pie.
Calories: 433kcal | Carbohydrates: 8g | Protein: 6g | Fat: 42g | Saturated Fat: 22g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 0g | Monounsaturated Fat: 0g | Trans Fat: 0g | Cholesterol: 208mg | Sodium: 142mg | Potassium: 89mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 1225IU | Vitamin C: 10.3mg | Calcium: 60mg | Iron: 1.4mg
To enjoy further the Keto Lifestyle/Journey with us, it would be our privilege to serve the Keto Diet Lovers Family. we would be glad to FOLLOW us at Pinterest with a lot of activities where the Keto beginners are getting fruitful information about Keto/Low-carb recipes, Meal Plans and facilitating with Keto Guide from basics as well.