I am big lover of combination of hazelnuts and chocolate. Therefore, I tried to make my own low carb “Nutella” spread and using it in all sorts of Low carb or Keto recipes. Although there are now two or three brands of sugar-free chocolate hazelnut spread on the market now but I will strongly suggest you to make it at home if its easy for you due to availability of time, since it’s easy and more cost effective. Not to mention delicious! A big jar of it finish very quickly because my family is fond of it. Especially when I use it to frost these low carb Nutella donuts.
Low Carb “Nutella” Donuts
- 2 cups hazelnut flour (can sub almond flour)
- Sweetener equivalent to 6 tbsp sugar
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup unflavored whey protein powder
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1/4 cup avocado or nut oil
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup sugar-free chocolate hazelnut spread (Nutella)
- Powdered sweetener equivalent to 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 to 2 tbsp water to thin it out, if needed
- 2 tbsp chopped, toasted hazelnuts (about 10 hazelnuts)
- Preheat oven to 325F and grease a donut tin well. If you only have one donut tin, you may need to work in batches.
- In a blender or food processor, combine hazelnut flour, sweetener, cocoa powder, protein powder, baking powder, and salt. Pulse to combine.
- Add eggs, almond milk, oil and vanilla extract and blend until batter is smooth. Fill donuts cavities almost to 3/4 full with batter and bake 15 to 20 minutes, or until set and firm to the touch.
- Remove and let cool 10 minutes, then flip out onto a wire rack to cool completely. Repeat with any remaining batter. You will get about 10 donuts, depending on the size of your pan (donut pans vary slightly in size).
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the chocolate hazelnut spread, sweetener, and whipping cream. If your glaze is really thick, stir in water one tablespoon at a time until a spreadable consistency is achieved.
- Spread donuts with glaze and sprinkle with chopped hazelnuts. Let set in fridge about 30 minutes.
Servings: 10 Donuts
- Cholesterol: 46mg
- Food energy: 255 kcal
- Total fat: 26.22g
- Calories from fat: 236
- Carbohydrate: 6.94g
- Protein per serving: 7.41g
- Total dietary fiber: 3.79g
To enjoy further the Keto Lifestyle/Journey with us, it would be our privilege to serve the Keto Diet Lovers Family. we would be glad to FOLLOW us at Pinterest with a lot of activities where the Keto beginners are getting fruitful information about Keto/Low-carb recipes, Meal Plans and facilitating with Keto Guide from basics as well.