Simply the best low carb chocolate hazelnut spread ever. This keto Nutella recipe is the stuff of legends. This healthy, low-carb alternative to Nutella is just the thing for making fat bombs, keto pancakes, waffles, or rolls or Nutella Donuts etc. This Keto Nutella recipe is a great alternative to the real thing!
- A really good high powered blender or food processor is crucial here, to get your chocolate hazelnut spread as smooth as possible. But beyond that, the process is very simple.
- Dump the hazelnuts into the blender and grind them up until the blender can’t get them any finer. Then add a little oil and blend them until they liquify.
- Only at that point, add the cocoa powder and the sweetener. If you add those too early, it won’t grind up properly and become a smooth butter.
- Most importantly, if the blender is so powerful, then it makes this sugar-free Nutella pretty goopy. It will blend it so smoothly that it will become quite runny at room temperature.
- Additionally, by changing the oil to melted coconut oil, it firms up nicely when refrigerated and is a little less goopy at room temperature.
- If you use a refined coconut oil, the coconut flavor won’t overpower the hazelnuts. But you can really still use any oil here. Hazelnut oil is great, and so is avocado. Even melted butter or ghee works.
- So grab a bag of hazelnuts and let’s get grinding!
Low Carb Homemade Sugar-Free Nutella
Prep Time: 10 mins | Cook Time: 10 mins | Total Time: 20 mins
Course: Dessert | Cuisine: Breakfast Servings: 6 | Calories: 158 kcal
- 3/4 cup hazelnuts toasted and husked**
- 2 to 3 tbsp melted coconut oil can sub avocado oil
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder
- 2 tbsp powdered Swerve Sweetener
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- Pinch salt
- In a food processor or high powered blender, grind hazelnuts until finely ground and beginning to clump together.
- Add 2 tablespoons oil and continue to grind until nuts smooth out into a butter. Add remaining ingredients and blend until well combined. If the mixture is very thick, add an additional tablespoon oil.
** To toast and husk hazelnuts, simply spread on a baking sheet and bake at 350F for 10 minutes. Then rub the hazelnuts with your fingers (after they cool a bit!) to take of most of the husk. Some of it will not come off and that’s okay, just grind it all up. If you live near Trader Joe’s, consider purchasing their already roasted hazelnuts…makes your life even that much easier!
To enjoy further the Keto Lifestyle/Journey with us, it would be our privilege to serve the Keto Diet Lovers Family. we would be glad to FOLLOW us at Pinterest with a lot of activities where the Keto beginners are getting fruitful information about Keto/Low-carb recipes, Meal Plans and facilitating with Keto Guide from basics as well.