Keto onion rings on fleek! Make your weekend a little more exciting with this bomb recipe! Two words. Onion & Rings. Is there a need to say more? Make this low-carb, gluten-free rendition. They go perfectly with burgers, chicken… anything grilled. So simple and so delicious. Life is good!
The best part is these Keto/low carb homemade onion rings taste amazing and won’t throw your body out of ketosis. If you’re looking for a way to enjoy onion rings on your low carb diet – we’ve got you covered.
These keto onion rings are way better than the frozen onion rings and have a great crunch and delicious flavor on their own, but you must be sure to make the Spicy Mayo Dip go with them for a true restaurant-quality side dish, or even as keto snacks but if you don’t like it then no problem at all because its optional. With only some onion slices and ingredients to make it breaded, you can make absolutely delicious crunchy onion rings. The foods we grew up thinking were “bad” for us is good again, like this crispy onion rings. So splurge on those deep-fried onion rings and coconut shrimp and feel good about it.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 6 minutes
- Yield: 2 servings
- Category: Snack
- Cuisine: American
You can’t go wrong with crispy onion rings – even when on Keto!
- 2.1oz pork rinds (59g) (or make your own)
- 1 tablespoon (7 g) of coconut flour
- 1 medium egg (44 g), beaten
- oil, for deep-frying
- 1 large onion (110 g), peeled and cut into rings
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- chopped parsley, to garnish
- Blitz the pork rinds into crumbs and place into a bowl.
- Add the coconut flour into a second bowl and the beaten egg in a third bowl.
- Heat enough oil in a pan to deep fry the onions. Working in batches, dip the onion rings in the coconut flour and dust off any excess. Then dip them into the egg and allow excess egg to drip off. Finally, press the onion rings into the pork crumbs until well-coated.
- Fry the rings in the hot oil for 4-5 minutes, using a slotted spoon to gently turn them in the oil. Remove and drain well.
- Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper and garnish with chopped parsley before serving.
Spicy Mayo Dipping Sauce
- 1 cup Paleo Lime Mayo
- 1 tbsp Paleo Balsamic Ketchup
- 1/2 tsp Smoked Paprika
- 1/2 tsp Dried Basil
- 1/2 tsp Cayenne Pepper or more to taste
- 1/4 tsp Real Salt
- 1/8 tsp Ground Black Pepper
All nutritional data are estimated and based on per serving amounts (without Mayo Dipping Sauce).
- Calories: 219 kCal
- Sugar: 3 g
- Fat: 18 g
- Carbohydrates: 6 g
- Fiber: 2 g
- Protein: 7 g
- Net Carbs: 4 g