Ketogenic fat bombs are such a blessing for everyone who is living the low carb lifestyle, therefore I decided to share the recipe of Ferrero Rocher Keto fat bombs with all of my followers or keto lovers during their sweet cravings situation. Is it not a bonus that you can still enjoy your sweet desires and chocolaty treat with a cup of coffee and lose weight while you’re doing so.
The reason to share this Keto fat bombs is thatThe Keto diet needs a lot of motivation and patience. During the course of the keto diet, most of the people have a feeling of severe craving or sweet tooth.
It is also observed that once you’re completely fat-adapted, the sugar cravings most of the time are minimized but still we are humans and most of us still want something sweet once in a while. Luckily, such a small-sized keto fat bomb or another keto treat can satisfy our sweet craving quickly and efficiently.
Most importantly, just with only 1.2g net carbs per fat bomb and a whopping 13.7g of healthy fats, you can treat yourself without kicking yourself out of ketosis.
Prep Time: 20 mins | Total Time: 20 mins
- ¾ cup (60g) ground hazelnuts
- 3 tbsp (45ml) melted coconut oil
- 2 tbsp (16g) powdered erythritol (confectioners’ erythritol)
- 1 oz (30g) melted sugar-free chocolate (or chocolate with at least 85% cocoa content)
- ½ tbsp (4g) baking cocoa powder (dutch processed cocoa powder)
- ½ tsp sugar-free vanilla extract chopped hazelnuts & a few whole hazelnuts
- Melt the sugar-free chocolate using a double boiler.
Melt the coconut oil if necessary.
- Add the ground hazelnuts, melted coconut oil, powdered erythritol, baking cocoa powder & vanilla extract into a food processor and blend on high for approx. 30-45 seconds.
Add the melted chocolate and blend for another 15 seconds.
- Scrape off chunky bits from the sides and the bottom of the food processor and blend again for a few seconds if necessary.
- Place the mass in the freezer and chill for approx. 10 minutes.
- After the fat bomb mass has cooled down, take it out of the freezer and start to form small balls with your hands.
- Add a whole hazelnut into the middle of the ball and roll it in chopped hazelnuts afterward.
- You can serve the fat bombs immediately or store covered in plastic wrap at room temperature for approx. 2-3 days.
- Better to avoid to store the fat bombs in the fridge because the consistency may change. Because the chocolate & coconut oil will harden and the balls will be difficult to eat. But if you feel comfortable, then you can store them in your fridge for a one-week maximum.
- At room temperature, cover them with plastic wrap or store them in an air-tight container maximum upto 2-3 days.
- 1.2g net carb for one ball having weight of 0.7oz (20g) of ball (2.9g total carbs and 1.7g dietary fiber), 13.7g fat, 2.0g protein, and 140 calories.
How do you include Erythritol in your calculations?
- Erythritol is a sugar alcohol that your body can’t digest. If you ingest it, it won’t spike your blood sugar & it won’t release insulin (which is a good thing if you want to stay in ketosis).
- It passes through our system basically “untouched”. Because of this, you can subtract the carbs from erythritol completely.
Why we preferred Powdered erythritol (confectioners’ erythritol)?
- Erythritol is a keto-friendly sweetener and it is good because:
– it doesn’t spike your blood sugar,
– it’s completely safe and
– has a very fresh & natural sweet taste.
- Because of its natural origin and natural production process, erythritol is normally considered paleo-friendly!
- You can use other powdered keto-friendly sweeteners as well that won’t spike your blood sugar as well, but be aware that you may have to add more or less sweetener if you do so.
- Erythritol is about 70% as sweet as sugar whereas other keto-friendly sweeteners like monk fruit and stevia are much sweeter than sugar.
- Erythritol is produced by fermentation of pure glucose. It does occur naturally in certain fruits and other fermented foods because fermentation is a natural process powered by certain microbes and enzymes. Therefore, Erythritol can be considered to be a paleo-friendly sweetener but it always depends on how strictly paleo you are.
- Also better to avoid xylitol because xylitol is another popular sugar alcohol that’s used as a sugar alternative but sometimes there is chances that it can spike your blood sugar and is thus not suitable for the ketogenic diet (due to factor of safety).
How to Convert this recipe as Paleo-friendly?
You can either choose to use chocolate with a very high cocoa content which purely depends on how strictly paleo you are, (because it contains only a small amount of sugar) or use unsweetened baking chocolate (unsweetened baking chocolate contains only cocoa butter & cocoa solids without the sugar).
How to Convert this recipe into Vegan-friendly?
- Baking cocoa powder (dutch processed cocoa powder) like Dutch processed cocoa powder. It has a very strong chocolate taste and it’s ideal for low carb baking. You only need a very tiny amount to make chocolate keto treats.
- Sugar-free vanilla extract
- Chopped hazelnuts & a few whole hazelnuts just to add a nutty crunchiness.
Please Support the Keto/Low Carb Community!
We, food bloggers, need all the help/support we can get. Sharing our recipes on social media would be highly appreciated and acknowledged. It will motivate us further to work harder to upload new recipes from time to time for our followers! Let’s Grow Together by holding hand in hand as a Team! Stay Healthy!
More Recipes to Enjoy!!
- Keto-Low Carb Lemon Blueberry Muffins |Sugar-Free, Gluten-Free
- Sugar-Free Keto Vegan BOUNTY BARS | 2g Net Carb
- Sesame Seed Keto-Low Carb Bread | 1g Net Carb
- Canned Chicken Low Carb Pizza Crust | 1g Net Carb
- Tasty Keto Flourless Chocolate Torte
- Easy Keto Espresso Chocolate Cheesecake Bars
- Low-Carb Nutella Fudge
- Sugar-Free Low Carb- KETO Donuts
- Ooey Gooey Keto Almond Flour Collagen Brownies
- Flourless Eggless Keto Chocolate Cake
- Chocolate Zucchini Cake
- Mocha Mug Cake
- Homemade Keto Kit Kat Bars |Paleo, Vegan-Friendly
- Best Fudgy Almond Flour Keto Chocolate Brownies
- Easy No-Bake Chocolate Cheesecake
- Keto – Low Carb Bread
- Gluten-free, Dairy-free & Keto Baked Donuts | Net Carb only 1g
- Keto Peanut Butter Brownies
- Super Easy Keto Chocolate Mousse |With Secrete Ingredient
- Healthy No-Bake Keto Snickers Bars
- Easy No-Bake Keto Chocolate Peanut Butter Balls