As keto bakers, mostly we have all heard of almond flour and coconut flour and used them in various delicious keto recipes. But did you know that there’s another keto flour powerhouse out there? Well, it’s time to meet sesame seed flour! It is a versatile flour with the perfect nutrient profile for the ketogenic diet, making it a great ingredient for keto baking.
This sesame seed flour keto bread is very easy to bake and has easily available ingredients and above all, it is totally nut-free & has about 20 times fewer carbs than regular bread. To enjoy the bread during low carb, a ketogenic diet without xanthan gum, this bread would be beneficial to those Ketoers who are either allergic or sensitive to nuts or coconut. If you cant find the sesame flour from the nearby stores, then you can easily make it by some good quality/high-speed blender.
In order to make it as dairy-free, add 1/2 cup olive oil instead of the butter, This will give you the same kind of result. The most important thing is that this bread has only around 1g of net carbs.
Important Points to Remember
Before moving towards the Sesame Seed Keto-Low Carb Bread recipe, here are the most important points just for knowledge about the sesame seeds and its flour as follows:
- Sesame seeds have one of the highest oil amounts of all seeds, so they are truly a keto superstar! On average per 100 g, sesame seeds have 49 g fat and 17 g protein per 100 g, with 23 grams total carbs and 11 grams net carbs.
- They do have a high omega-6 to omega-3 ratio, which means they have more inflammatory than anti-inflammatory fats. They are also high in many healthful nutrients though, so they can still be a great part of a healthy diet.
- Sesame seeds have high amounts of iron, zinc, copper, vitamin E, thiamin, calcium, and magnesium. So many nutritional benefits!!
- Sesame seed flour is a grain-free, nut-free flour with the perfect high-fat-low-carb composition for the keto diet. With a nutty, toasted, complex flavor, it is a great way to add variety to your keto baking beyond the usual almond and coconut flour! It has many beneficial nutrients and studies show it has positive effects on your health.
Prep Time: 10 mins | Cook Time: 35 mins | Total Time: 45 mins Servings: 8 Servings (16 slices in total) Calories: 368kcal
- 2 Cups Sesame Seed Flour 200g
- ½ Cup unsalted butter melted 120g
- 7 Large Eggs
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt ( or as per your taste)
- At first, preheat your oven to 180C (355F)
- Take a large bowl & then better to separate the egg yolks from the egg whites, beating the egg whites with an electric mixer until they become white and fluffy.
- Take another bowl, mix together the melted butter, egg yolks, sesame seed flour, salt, and baking powder.
- Gently fold the complete egg yolk mixture into the egg whites, and gently mix together until it forms a uniform color.
- Take a bread loaf tin lined with baking paper, pour the mixture in and bake for 45 mins, checking the center of the loaf with a skewer to ensure that it’s properly baked.
Fat: 30g | Carbohydrates: 10g | Cholesterol: 217 mg | Fiber: 8g | Sugar: 0.3g | Protein: 17g
More Recipes to Enjoy!!
- Canned Chicken Low Carb Pizza Crust | 1g Net Carb
- Tasty Keto Flourless Chocolate Torte
- Easy Keto Espresso Chocolate Cheesecake Bars
- Low-Carb Nutella Fudge
- Sugar-Free Low Carb- KETO Donuts
- Ooey Gooey Keto Almond Flour Collagen Brownies
- Flourless Eggless Keto Chocolate Cake
- Chocolate Zucchini Cake
- Mocha Mug Cake
- Homemade Keto Kit Kat Bars |Paleo, Vegan-Friendly
- Best Fudgy Almond Flour Keto Chocolate Brownies
- Easy No-Bake Chocolate Cheesecake
- Keto – Low Carb Bread
- Gluten-free, Dairy-free & Keto Baked Donuts | Net Carb only 1g
- Keto Peanut Butter Brownies
- Super Easy Keto Chocolate Mousse |With Secrete Ingredient
- Healthy No-Bake Keto Snickers Bars
- Easy No-Bake Keto Chocolate Peanut Butter Balls