This amazing almost 1g Carb Canned Chicken Low Carb Pizza Crust recipe is truly exceptional in all directions. Because maybe you’re probably thinking this is just a normal, flimsy cheese crust pizza and how it could be 1g pizza crust? Actually, this is a chicken crust pizza. Are you surprised to hear that?
The reason this Canned chicken crust pizza recipe is so much better than a fathead pizza (usually made with almond flour and cheese) is two-fold.
- This chicken crust pizza is lower carb – in fact, it is nearly zero carbs!
- Toppings! What do you usually top your fathead pizza with? Everyone loves cheese atop their pizza but then you’re essentially eating a cheese crust topped with more cheese. It ends up being a lot of cheese. Dare I say… too much cheese.
Chicken Crust Pizza Ingredients
- The ingredients are as simple as can be, the steps are easy to follow, and the end product is truly sensational.
- Mainly three ingredients are needed. A can of chicken, parmesan cheese, and an egg. During buying the canned chicken, please be careful about its nutritional values/label. Mostly will be full of starches, maltodextrin, and other preservatives. Therefore, better to find some that are only chicken, water and salt though like Keystone Meats All Natural Canned Chicken is best to use for this recipe!!
- Secondly, prefer to use freshly grated parmesan cheese (optional or if easy for you) as compared to shredded or shaved parmesan because grated parmesan cheese will add to the overall flavor and texture of this crust.
Options for Keto Pizza Sauce
1. No sugar added pizza sauce
All pizza sauce is going to have some amount of sugar just because tomatoes have naturally occurring sugars in them. The best options with no added sugar are as follows:
- Rao’s Homemade Pizza Sauce
- Yo Mama’s Marinara Sauce
- Cucina Antica Marinara Sauce
You’re usually looking at 3-4 grams of carbs per 1/4 cup of pizza sauce, which isn’t too bad if you use less than 1 cup per pizza.
2. Pesto sauce
- Pesto sauce is actually going to be your best option when it comes to keto pizza sauce. It’s typically made with a combination of oil, nuts, cheese, herbs, and spices.
3. No Sauce
- If you want to skip the sauce, just drizzle some olive oil on the crust and fill it up with toppings.
Keto Pizza Toppings
- Pesto sauce with fresh mozzarella cheese.
- Classic cheese and pepperoni.
- Prosciutto, olive oil and walnuts.
- KEYWORD: CHICKEN, DAIRY, DINNER, EGGS, LUNCH, NO CARB PIZZA
- PREP TIME: 5 mins | COOK TIME: 25 mins | TOTAL TIME: 30 mins
- SERVINGS: 1 (8-10 inch Crust)
- CALORIES: 408 kcal
- 10 oz Canned Chicken
- 1 oz grated parmesan cheese
- 1 large Egg (at room temperature)
- Thoroughly drain the canned chicken, getting as much moisture out as possible.
- Spread chicken on a baking sheet lined with a silicone mat. Bake at 350 for 10 minutes to dry out the chicken.
- Once the chicken is done the baking for 10 minutes remove and place in a mixing bowl. Increase the heat of the oven to 400 degrees.
- Add cheese and egg to the bowl with chicken and mix.
- Pour mixture onto a baking sheet lined with a silicone mat and spread thin. Placing parchment paper on top and using a rolling pin makes this easier.
- Optional: With a spatula press the edges of the crust in to for a ridge for the crust. This is beneficial is you’re using topping that may slide off(i.e. eggs).
- Bake the crust for 8-10 minutes at 400 degrees.
- Remove crust from oven. Add desired toppings and bake for another 6-10 minutes at 400 degrees. Toppings will dictate the final cook time.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool for a few minutes.
Calories: 408kcal | Carbohydrates: 1g | Protein: 61g | Fat: 17g | Net Carbs: 1g
To enjoy further the Keto Lifestyle/Journey, we would be glad to FOLLOW us at Pinterest with a lot of activities where the Keto beginners are getting fruitful information about Keto/Low-carb recipes, Meal Plans and facilitating with Keto Guide from basics as well.