I created an amazing and incredibly easy chocolate mousse! The secret ingredient creates a whipped mousse that’s secretly healthy. I am quite sure that you can never be able to guess that secret ingredient!
Whenever you feel little sweet craving, and you dont want to make anything too difficult or time consuming, then you can try this super easy chocolate mousse recipe!
The meaning behind the secret ingredient. I call it a secret ingredient because I wasn’t going to originally add it in, but it had to be used as soon as possible, or it was going to hit the trash.
So what’s the secret ingredient? Any guesses? Yes!!! AVOCADOS!! Avocados are like gold around here, we hoard them and do not waste them!
To sweetened this secret ingredient easy chocolate mousse, I recommend using Swerve or something similar. If you are only using Stevia drops, please taste after you add a drop, and then taste to your desired sweetness. Stevia is much sweetener, and a little bit goes a long way. These easy chocolate mousses be perfect to serve at a birthday party, as well! So easy and delicious!
Serves: 8 servings
- 8 ounces cream cheese block, softened
- ¼ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- ½ large avocado, pitted
- ⅛ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2-3 tablespoons of desired sweetener, I recommend Swerve.
- ¼ cup heavy whipping cream
- 90% dark chocolate shaved, to garnish
- Beat together the cream cheese until creamy and smooth using a handheld mixer in a medium mixing bowl. Slowly mix in the cocoa powder. Beat in the avocado and mix until creamy smooth, approximately 5 minutes.
- Add the vanilla extract and sweetener and beat again until smooth, approximately 1-2 minutes.
- In a separate mixing bowl, whip the heavy cream until stiff peaks form.
- Place the whipped cream in the chocolate mixture and gently fold until it’s incorporated.
- Place the chocolate mousse in a piping bag and pipe into desired containers. Garnish with dark chocolate shavings (optional) or any keto friendly fruits like strawberry, raspberries etc.
Nutrition Information Serving size: ⅛th recipe
Calories: 192 Fat: 17.7 g Saturated fat: 11.1 g Carbohydrates: 4.2 g Fiber: 0.9g Protein: 2.4 g
To enjoy further the Keto Lifestyle/Journey, we would be glad to FOLLOW us at Pinterest with a lot of activities where the Keto beginners are getting fruitful information about Keto/Low-carb recipes, Meal Plans and facilitating with Keto Guide from basics as well.