This Low Carb/Keto CHOCOLATE ZUCCHINI CAKE is so moist and decadent! This cake is the perfect way to use up that zucchini and its very easy to make it! What better way to use up all of that zucchini than in a delicious low carb, gluten-free chocolate bundt cake? Topped with sugar-free chocolate ganache for an extra special treat.
This chocolate zucchini cake is so decadent and the most amazing is that you can eat the whole cake if you want because it is low carb and sugar-free. The zucchini is well-hidden and undetectable. So it´s perfect for children. They will not even notice that inside this cake has a vegetable.
This cake is very simple and quick to prepare. This low carb chocolate zucchini cake recipe is the best way to use up all that summer zucchini. Rich and moist, with a gorgeous chocolate glaze, it just may be the best keto chocolate cake recipe ever!
I highly recommend getting a good non-stick bundt pan, because they make any cake look more elegant. But you can always make it in a 9×13 pan too, or even 2 or 3 round layers. It would even make great low carb cupcakes (baking times will vary depending on what pan you use). It’s an incredibly versatile keto cake recipe, so sock this one away in your arsenal for when all that zucchini comes in!
You will definitely love this recipe!
Servings: 16 slices | Course: Dessert | Cuisine: American
Prep Time: 10 mins | Cook Time: 30 mins
Keyword: Low Carb Chocolate, Summer
Calories: 228 kcal
Chocolate Zucchini Cake
- 2 cups finely grated zucchini 8 ounces
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 2 cups almond flour
- 2/3 cup Swerve Sweetener
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1/3 cup coconut flour
- 1/3 cup unflavored whey protein powder
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 4 large eggs
- 1/2 cup butter or coconut oil melted
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 to 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1/2 cup whipping cream or coconut milk
- 1/4 cup confectioner’s Swerve Sweetener
- 2 oz unsweetened chocolate finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
Chocolate Zucchini Cake
- For the cake, place zucchini in a sieve and sprinkle liberally with salt. Mix to combine and let drain 1 hour. Press and squeeze to release the excess liquid and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 325F and grease a large bundt pan well.
- In a large bowl, whisk together almond flour, sweetener cocoa powder, coconut flour, whey protein, and baking powder.
- Add the eggs, melted butter or coconut oil, vanilla extract and 1/2 cup almond milk. Add the drained zucchini and mix until well combined. If your batter is very thick add a few tablespoons additional almond milk at a time until it thins out. It should be spreadable but not pourable.
- Spread batter in the prepared pan and smooth the top. Bake 45 minutes or until set and a tester inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Let cool in pan 15 minutes, and then flip out onto a wire rack to cool completely.
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat, combine cream or coconut milk and the sweetener. Bring to just a simmer, then remove from heat and add chopped chocolate and vanilla. Let sit 5 minutes and then whisk until smooth.
- Pour over the top of the cake and let set.
If you do not own a bundt pan, bake the cake in a 9×13 pan. The baking time will change. Start with 30 minutes and check every 5 minutes after that.
To enjoy further the Keto Lifestyle/Journey, we would be glad to FOLLOW us at Pinterest with a lot of activities where the Keto beginners are getting fruitful information about Keto/Low-carb recipes, Meal Plans and facilitating with Keto Guide from basics as well.