A low carb, keto microwave mocha mug cake recipe for an easy keto dessert made in just a few minutes all in one mug.
A chocolate cake should be on the menu of any ketogenic dieter. As we know that the enemies of a strict carb count in a regular chocolate cake are the flour and the sugar, therefore we have simply substituted those for more low-carb-friendly options in Stevia and almond/coconut flour.
Mug cake is the best option for those of us trying to lose pounds and keep in control of our cravings. As we know that the chocolate cake can be keto-friendly but it doesn’t mean to eat it excessively :). And that’s why mug cakes reign supreme: they fill the craving hole and don’t leave you the option to keep picking, and “just one more slice-ing” your way towards a ruined day, week, or even a completely derailed diet.
Prep time: 2 mins | Cook time: 2 mins | Total time: 4 mins
- 2 tbsp almond flour (not almond meal)
- 1 tsp coconut flour
- ½ tsp baking powder (not baking soda)
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 2 tbsp butter
- 2 tbsp unsweetened cocoa
- ½ – 1 tbsp stevia powder or another artificial sweetener
- 2 tbsp strong coffee or espresso
- pinch of salt
- Start by melting your butter in the microwave in the mug you plan to cook in, so it’s almost completely liquidized. This should take between 20 and 30 seconds, depending on your microwave.
- Add the cocoa powder, sweetener, almond flour, coconut flour, baking powder, salt, coffee, vanilla, and egg in that order.
- Whisk the ingredients together thoroughly inside the mug until the mixture is as smooth as possible. Be particularly sure that you’ve scraped all ingredients away from the bottom and sides of the mug and that everything is incorporated. If not, you’re going to discover the spots you missed when your cake is cooked!
- Cook on high in your microwave for between 60-70 seconds, depending on your microwave.
- Remove from the microwave and inspect; the top should still be slightly gooey but the overall cake should have roughly doubled inside and the sides should be lifting away from the mug a little, indicating the cake is cooked.
- Slide a butter knife around the inside of the mug to ensure the cake comes away.
This cake is perfect with some low carb berries like strawberries and/or raspberries (5-6g carbs per 100g), and a sugar-free whipped cream (Usually around 1-2g carbs per 3-4 tablespoons). Note that these additions will bump the overall macros of your dessert up a couple of notches with regard to net carbs and calories, so make sure you account for them if you want to include them in your mug cake presentation. It will make the overall meal that much better!
Macro calculations are based on specific brands available in the author’s region. Individual brands of ingredients like coconut flour, cocoa, almond flour, and artificial sweetener may vary between brands and regions. Always read labels prior to purchase and treat the following info as a guide only.
- Butter – 204 calories, 30 g fat, 0 carbs
- Cocoa – 24 calories, 2 g fat, 2 g protein, 4g carbs, 4 g fiber (0g net carbs)
- Stevia – 2-3g carbs (depending on whether you choose ½ or 1 full tablespoon)
- Almond Flour – 90 calories, 8g fat, 4g protein, 3g carbs, 2g fiber (1g net carbs)
- Baking powder – NA
- Black coffee – NA
- 1 Egg – 72 calories, 5 g fat, 6 g protein, 0 carbs
- Coconut Flour – 10 calories, 1 g carbs, 1g fiber (0g net carbs)
- Vanilla – Only trace amounts of macros
- Salt – Only trace amounts of macros
Serving size: 1
Fat: 43 g
Protein: 12 g
Net Carbs: 3-4 g
Total Carbs: 10-11g
More Recipes to Enjoy!!
- Best Fudgy Almond Flour Keto Chocolate Brownies
- Ooey Gooey Keto Almond Flour Collagen Brownies
- Flourless Eggless Keto Chocolate Cake
- Chocolate Zucchini Cake
- Keto Peanut Butter Brownies
- Sugar-Free Chocolate Heaven
- Easy No-Bake Chocolate Cheesecake
- Super Easy Keto Chocolate Mousse |With Secrete Ingredient
- Healthy No-Bake Keto Snickers Bars
- Easy No-Bake Keto Chocolate Peanut Butter Balls
- Keto – Low Carb Bread
To enjoy further the Keto Lifestyle/Journey, we would be glad to FOLLOW us at Pinterest with a lot of activities where the Keto beginners are getting fruitful information about Keto/Low-carb recipes, Meal Plans and facilitating with Keto Guide from basics as well.