If you’d like to eat something crunchy while you’re on your keto diet, that’s actually possible! What you need is Parmesan crisps. They are extremely easy to make, and very, very tasty. All you need is Parmesan and an oven, and you can add some black pepper, chili pepper and tomato slices if you need some variation. You can eat these crisps as a snack or add them to your salad.
The tomato is entirely optional and you can substitute it with any other thinly sliced vegetable such as zucchini. If you like chili, you can try to make the Parmesan crisps with thin slices of a chili pepper or jalapeño.
Black pepper and chili powder are also optional, but give the Parmesan chips a nice touch and make them more savory. We recommend using freshly ground black pepper.
Use the side with the small holes of your grater to shred the Parmesan cheese. Let your oven preheat at 200 C while making the dish.
Season the cheese with black pepper and chili powder while preheating the oven to 200C (or 390F).
Scoop out a tablespoonful of the seasoned cheese and place it on the baking paper. Repeat for the rest of the parmesan cheese.
Leave in the oven for around 5 minutes only since the parmesan crisps bake quickly. Make sure to watch to avoid burning it. Cut the tomato to make thin slices. Put one slice over each parmesan crisps. Rebake for an additional 2 minutes.
After removing from the oven, allow to cool before serving. Enjoy with friends and family.
- 100 g parmesan freshly grated
- 1/8 tsp chilli powder to taste
- 1/8 tsp black pepper to taste
- ½ small tomato thinly sliced
- Preheat oven to 200C (or 390F) and grate Parmesan on the small-hole side of your grater.
- Mix with chilli powder and black pepper.
- On baking paper, put 1 tbsp. of the mix and gently spread it. Repeat until you have no more parmesan left.
- Bake for 5 minutes approximately – the parmesan crisps are incredibly quick to bake.
- Slice half of the tomato in very thin slices and put them on the crisps. Bake for 2 more minutes.
- Let them cool for 5 minutes. Enjoy!