Instant Pot Keto Ricotta Lemon Cheesecake is a delicious low carb cheesecake with lemon zest for a little zing. Cook this in your pressure cooker to get a smooth and creamy cheesecake. Perfect for the summer when you don’t want to turn on your oven!
This Instant Pot Ricotta Lemon Cheesecake has no crust. It certainly made a wonderful dessert and the lemon zest in this one upped the taste quotient considerably. In case you’re not quite sure what zesting involves, you’re basically scraping off the beautiful lemon rind, but leaving behind the bitter white inside rind.
So zest the lemon, and then use it for juice so you’re not wasting any of that lemony goodness.
Following are the optimal accessories which can be used for the preparation of Instant Pot Keto Ricotta Lemon Cheesecake:
- Cheesecake Pan
- Steamer Rack to elevate the cheesecake off the water
- Silicone Lids to cover the cheesecake (or use foil)
- Silicone Mitts to take the cheesecake out when it’s done cooking
- Microplane Zester for the Lemon
But of course, you don’t need any of this stuff if you don’t want to use it, just use whatever you have that’s close enough. The cheesecake will still be yummy.
The only thing you must do is plan to let it cool quite completely in the fridge so it is creamy and holds together well.
Dietary Consideration: Keto, Low Carb, Low Sugar
Cooking Style: Instant Pot/Pressure Cooker
Ease of Cooking: Pour and Cook
Recipe Type: Desserts, Full Liquids/Soft Foods, Pressure Cooker
Calories: 181 kcal
- 8 oz cream cheese
- 1/4 cup Truvia
- 1/3 cup Ricotta cheese
- Zest of one lemon
- Lemon juice from one lemon
- 1/2 teaspoon Lemon Extract
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 1 tsp Truvia
- Using a stand mixer, all ingredients except the eggs until you get a smooth mixture with no lumps.
- Taste to ensure the sweetness is to your liking.
- Add the two eggs, reduce the speed and gently blend until the eggs are incorporated. Over-beating at this stage will result in a cracked crust.
- Pour into a 6 inch greased spring-form pan and cover with foil or a silicone lid.
- In the inner liner of your Instant Pot, place two cups of water, and a trivet. Place the foil-covered pot on the trivet.
- Cook on High Pressure for 30 minutes, and allow it to release pressure naturally.
- Mix the sour cream and Truvia and spread on the warm cake.
- Refrigerate the cheesecake for 6-8 hours.
Nutrition facts per serving
181 kcal | Fat: 16g | Saturated fat: 9g | Cholesterol: 105 mg | Sodium: 156 mg | Potassium: 86mg | Carbohydrates: 2g | Sugar: 1g | Protein: 5g | Vitamin A: 13.5% | Calcium: 7.8% | Iron: 2.5%