I tried few recipes before I settled on this Keto Ice Cream. The others weren’t inedible by any means as the empty containers can attest to, but none were this creamy, this smooth, and this delicious. This is going to be the best, easies keto ice cream recipe you’ve ever made.
I just got a new ice cream maker last week, and I’ve been playing with it. I was determined to find a recipe that didn’t require making a custard because I know myself. I won’t do it and then it will be time to make ice cream and I’ll be about half a day away from having it. So I had to find something that worked without a custard.
The Keto Ice Cream recipe I settled on borrowed heavily from the Serious Eats Ice Cream recipe with only one minor tweak, which was my addition of xanthum gum, and a sugar-free sweetener. Not only was this tasty, but I got two different textures from one recipe. When freshly made, the Keto Ice Cream is like a soft serve, and very creamy. Once it’s cured for a bit, it’s a lot more like regular ice-cream. Two different tastes from the same recipe make it fun.
Nutritional info does not include optional sugar free chocolate chips
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons granular erythritol
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons sugar free chocolate chips (optional)
- Combine all ingredients in a wide mouth pint sized mason jar. Screw the lid on and shake vigorously for 5 minutes. The liquid in side should double in volume, filling the mason jar.
- Freeze for 3 hours up to 24 hours.
- Scoop and enjoy!
Per Serving (1/2 cup) – Calories: 206 | Fat:22g | Protein: 1g | Net Carbs: 2.25g
- Serving Size: 1/2 cup
US Customary System:
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1/3 cup Truvia baking blend or other sweetener
- 2 tablespoons milk powder
- 1/4 teaspoon xanthum gum
- 1-2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 476 g heavy cream
- 244 g whole milk
- 0.33 g Truvia baking blend or other sweetener
- 2 tablespoons milk powder
- 0.25 teaspoon xanthum gum
- 1 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Mix together sweetener, dry milk powder, and xanthum gum, and whisk well to avoid lumps.
- Pour in the milk, cream, and vanilla extract and mix until the sweetener is dissolved.
- Pour into ice cream maker and churn until set.
- it tastes a lot creamier when fresh, and a lot more like ice cream when it’s been allowed to cure in the freezer. Try it both ways and see which you prefer.
The xanthum gum helps the ice cream thicken, and the powdered milk keeps crystals from forming over time.
Nutrition facts per serving*
246kcal | Fat: 24g | Carbohydrates: 9g | Protein: 5g
*Nutritional information is provided a courtesy, and can vary depending on the exact ingredients you use.
Desserts to Enjoy!!
- Best Fudgy Almond Flour Keto Chocolate Brownies
- Ooey Gooey Keto Almond Flour Collagen Brownies
- Flourless Eggless Keto Chocolate Cake
- Chocolate Zucchini Cake
- Mocha Mug Cake
- Keto Peanut Butter Brownies
To enjoy further the Keto Liftstyle/Journey, we would be glad to FOLLOW us at Pinterest and Twitter with a lot of activities where the Keto beginners are getting fruitful information about Keto/Low-carb recipes, Meal Plans and facilitating with Keto Guide from basics as well.