Ketogenic diet has become the trendiest weight loss methods and the best part of it is that you do not get bored. You can bring your creativity in your meals and can make them more interesting, appealing and luscious.
Here comes a great idea for your Keto breakfast and that is “Keto Sausage Balls or Biscuits”. In your breakfast, you would be having limited time to prepare your meal so all that you need for this toothsome Keto breakfast is fathead dough and pre-seasoned sausage.
- 2 oz cream cheese
- 2 cups mozzarella
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup almond flour
- 2 oz thinly sliced cheddar cheese
- 6 cooked sausage patties
- Preheat oven to 425°
- Add cream cheese and mozzarella in a bowl and microwave 30 seconds at a time until the cheese is soft and the mozzarella starts to melt. Mix until creamy.
- In a separate bowl, combine the beaten egg with almond flour. Add in the cheese mixture and mix well. Dough may be sticky, but it’s ok.
- Wet hands and form 3 inch dough balls and flatten.*
- Place sausage and cheese on the dough and wrap the dough around the fillings.
- Place stuffed dough balls onto a cookie tray with parchment paper and bake for 12-15 minutes until golden and set.
- Top with more cheese. 🤤
*Alternatively, you can flatten the entire dough into a sheet, cut into sections, and wrap each section around the sausage and cheese
Nutritional Facts per Biscuit:
Calories: 250 cals
NET CARBS: 2g
As breakfast lovers, these Keto Sausage Balls hit the spot! We used a simple fathead dough and pre-seasoned sausage to create our new favorite breakfast recipe. They are quick to whip up for a big Sunday brunch and can be tailored to everyone’s cravings.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
Servings: 6 Sausage Balls
Calories: 363 kcal
- 1.5 cups mozzarella cheese
- 1 oz cream cheese
- 3/4 cup almond flour
- 1 large egg
- 12 oz ground breakfast sausage (pre-seasoned)
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
For Sausage Balls:
- Preheat a medium skillet to medium high heat.
- Divide the sausage into 6 and roll into balls. Add to the hot skillet and cook through. Set aside on a plate to cool.
For Fathead Dough:
- Add the mozzarella cheese and cream cheese to a microwave safe mixing bowl and microwave on high for 30 seconds. Combine using a fork until evenly mixed.
- Add the almond flour and egg and combine as thoroughly as possible. If it does not combine well microwave for another 20 seconds.
- Switch to a spatula if necessary and combine. Pour the dough onto a piece of parchment paper. If it is not evenly combined use your hands to incorporate everything.
- Portion the dough out into 6 even balls.
- Flatten out each ball using your hands or roll it out with another piece of parchment on top (so there is no sticking) and place the cooked sausage in the center. Pull up the side and place the sausage ball, seam side down, on a lined baking sheet.
- Repeat until all 6 sausage balls are complete and on the baking sheet.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes, until browned on top.
- Best stored in a air tight sealed container in the fridge up to 5 days.”
FREE… Want more great low carb/keto recipes, click here while for expert tips and advice for living the Keto lifestyle? Click here or “Learn More” to join our Healthy Keto Lifestyle for Beginners Facbook Group