This easy tomato sauce is perfect for those looking for a quick and low-carb marinara sauce ready to be used with your favorite recipe.” Instant and very easy Keto Homemade Tomato Sauce – You must try this recipe.
- 1 (28 ounce) can canned San Marzano-style peeled plum tomatoes
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Place tomatoes and olive oil in a blender; pulse until smooth.
- Add garlic powder, basil, salt, oregano, and pepper.
- Mix until well combined.
Per Serving: 109 calories; 9.5 g fat; 5.9 g carbohydrates; 1.2 g protein; 0 mg cholesterol; 575 mg sodium
The main reason to make this second Homemade Ketchup recipe is to have control over the ingredients. And the cost of the organic, healthier, or low-carb varieties can be pretty astronomical. We cant fully satisfied with the ingredients in store-bought ketchup. Even the organic varieties like this one, have loads of sugar in them and since we are all on a low-to-no-sugar diet, that doesn’t work for us.
Plus, store-bought ketchup often has “natural flavors” added. That can be a catch-all for very benign food items like parsley extract, but it can also be code for “MSG-type” substances. With this super simple ketchup recipe you can literally toss all the ingredients together within a minute or two and have homemade sugar-free ketchup ready–almost as quick as you can say “ketchup” or “catsup” or–whatever.
- 7 oz tomato paste (approx. 3/4 cup)
- 2 Tbsp organic apple cider vinegar
- 1 Tbsp xylitol (or to taste)
- 1 drop stevia (1/64 tsp – 1/2 scoop; or to taste; see stevia usage info here)
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 3/4 tsp granulated garlic (if using powder, use 3/8 tsp)
- 3/4 tsp granulated onion (if using powder, use 3/8 tsp)
- 3/16 tsp allspice
- 1/2 Tbsp molasses (optional. I used blackstrap)
- 1/16 tsp organic cayenne pepper (optional)
- 2/3 cup water
Place all ingredients in a bowl.
Stir to blend completely.
Store in the refrigerator.
To enjoy further the Keto Liftstyle/Journey, we would be glad to join our active Facebook group with lot of activities like sharing market products of Keto friendly and based on group members experiences, the beginners are getting fruitful information about those products to use or stay away from them. Keto Quiz, frequently asked questions and much more stuff…
The given information is not intended for the treatment or prevention of disease, nor as a substitute for medical treatment, nor as an alternative to medical advice.