- Kentucky butter cake is a moist and buttery pound cake with a sweet butter sauce that soaks through the cake. This indulgent low carb pound cake is going to blow your mind! It’s easily one of the best keto cake recipes
- Creating a low carb recipe for Kentucky Butter Cake needed a little more research though. A butter cake takes a lot of butter. I knew this could present problems when working with almond flour, since it already contains much more fat and moisture than wheat flour.
- This was one glorious low carb almond flour cake. It was gorgeous and rich, and oh so buttery, and I decided that all it needed was a little whipped cream and some berries.
- You can add the caramel sauce (optional)!
Prep Time: 20 mins
Cook Time: 1 hr
Total Time: 1 hr 20 mins
Calories: 301 kcal
- 2 1/2 cups almond flour
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 1/4 cup unflavoured whey protein powder
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup butter softened
- 1 cup Swerve Granular
- 5 large eggs room temperature.
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup whipping cream
- 1/2 cup water
- 5 tbsp butter
- 1/3 cup Swerve Granular
- 2 tbsp water
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 to 2 tbsp Confectioner’s Swerve
Preheat oven to 325F. Grease a bundt cake pan VERY well and then dust with a few tbsp of almond flour.
In a medium bowl, whisk together the almond flour, coconut flour, whey protein, baking powder, and salt.
In a large bowl, beat the butter and the sweetener together until light and creamy. Beat in the eggs and vanilla extract. Beat in the almond flour mixture and then beat in the whipping cream and water until well combined.
Transfer the batter to the prepared baking pan and smooth the top. Bake 50 to 60 minutes, until golden brown and the cake is firm to the touch. A tester inserted in the center should come out clean.
Butter Glaze:In a small saucepan over low heat, melt the butter and sweetener together. Whisk until well combined. Whisk in the water and vanilla extract.
While the cake is still warm and in the pan, poke holes all over with a skewer. Pour the glaze over and let cool completely in the pan.
Gently loosen the sides with a knife or thin rubber spatula, then flip out onto a serving platter. Dust with powdered sweetener.
Serve with lightly sweetened whipped cream and fresh berries.