It is very simple recipe of Chicken Sausage and Vegetable Skillet and how clean, yet satisfying the ingredients are. The great thing about this recipe is that you can really use any meat and veggies you have on hand.
- 3 tablespoons butter or ghee (ghee or olive oil for Whole30)
- 5 chicken sausage links, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 small red onion, cut into large chunks
- 1 small zucchini, halved lengthwise and sliced into moons
- 1 small summer squash, halved lengthwise and sliced into moons
- 1 small red bell pepper, cut into large chunks
- 1 small yellow bell pepper, cut into large chunks
- 6 cremini mushrooms, quartered
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- sea salt and black pepper, to taste
- In a large skillet over medium heat, melt the butter.
- Add the chicken sausage, garlic and onion to the skillet and saute for 10 minutes.
- Add zucchini, squash, bell peppers, mushrooms, Italian seasoning, red pepper flakes, sea salt and pepper to the pan and saute for an additional 10-15 minutes or until vegetables are crisp tender.
NUTRITIONAL INFO (Per Serving) Calories: 317 | Carbs: 9.5 g | Fat: 23 g | Protein: 20 g | Fiber: 1.5 g | Net Carbs: 8 g
Not intended for the treatment or prevention of disease, nor as a substitute for medical treatment, nor as an alternative to medical advice.