Who loves pizza? If you answered ‘me’ then you’ll love these! They have all the flavour of pizza in a handy, perfect for packed lunch, picnic or party table muffin. Which begs the question, are they pizza muffins or muffin pizzas? And do I really care? They are so delicious you could call them anything you like and I would happily down a basket full.
They even work well as an alternative breakfast and quick snack. Eat on their own or serve with salad or soup…… Have them warm or cold…… Enjoy them fresh or freeze and use as a speedy ‘grab later’. These are fabulously versatile as well as being incredibly flavoursome. You have to try them….. really!
- 1 ½ cups blanched almond flour (not almond meal)
- ½ teaspoon celtic sea salt
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 4 large eggs
- ¼ cup tomato sauce, plus ¼ cup for topping
- ½ cup cheddar cheese, plus ½ cup for topping
- ½ cup parmesan cheese, plus ½ cup for topping
- 2 ounces pepperoni, plus 2 ounces for topping
- In a food processor, combine almond flour, salt, and baking soda
- Pulse in eggs and sauce until combined
- Pulse in cheeses and pepperoni
- Line 12 muffin cups with paper liners
- Scoop a heaping 1/4 cup of batter into each cup
- Bake at 350° for 25 minutes
- Remove from oven; place 1 teaspoon sauce on top of each muffin
- Sprinkle cheese over sauce
- Sprinkle pepperoni over cheese
- Place back in oven and bake for 15 more minutes
- Cool for 1 hour
- If you want vegetarian cheese, just make sure you use non-rennet alternatives. And if you prefer them spicy, ditch the herbs and chuck in some chilli!
Not intended for the treatment or prevention of disease, nor as a substitute for medical treatment, nor as an alternative to medical advice.